Genomic data files, whether BAM or FASTQ.gz format, are large and make huge demands on IT infrastructure. But, how can you tell if the challenges you face can be solved by compressing your genomic data with PetaGene technology? Here’s a list of six scenarios where lossless compression with transparent read-back will help.
1. Your storage systems are nearing capacityPetaGene compression transparently multiplies your existing storage capacity by between 2.5x and 11x. You don’t need any scratch space when using the compressed data.
2. You want to move data to public cloudsPetaGene tools allow painless bulk or incremental migration to the cloud, and compressed data can be randomly accessed and streamed directly from object storage as if they were regular files.
3. Your cloud storage/egress bills are out of controlPetaGene compression will reduce both of these bills by 60-91%.
4. You need to archive data but want to maintain accessWith PetaGene compression you can keep all your data in hot storage, for the same overall cost as keeping it uncompressed in cold storage and accessing it infrequently.
5. Data transfers are a bottleneck to your analysis pipelinesWhen your pipelines are I/O bound, PetaGene compression typically speeds them up by 2-3x.
6. You would like to recover budget from storage for more research
If you are experiencing any of these issues, just hit the ‘Free trial’ button at the top of this page to ask for a free Software Evaluation package, or click here.